Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Choosing a Secondary School

If you realized, there is a ONE year gap between my first blog posting and my second. The posting on Decision Making (a year ago) still applies to each and every decision to be made in our lives.

Choosing a Secondary School involves an important decision to be made in life. And, if you don't decide, someone else’s will decide for you. Someone else’s could be your parents, siblings, teachers or relatives and friends.

Many students Ask Miss Koh, is choosing a good Secondary School an important decision. In my opinion, it is! It is important because I believe that a good environment can enhance a student's capabilities.

I realized the importance of our learning environment from my uncle's recent visit. My uncle migrated to Perth for more than 10 years and this trip back home he brought his daughter, Nicole Tan - 7 years of age, along. Nicole receives her education in Perth and hence speaks with slang. She surprised me by reading books way ahead of her level. She finishes an old book, 100 Magical Stories of 157 pages in total, in less than two half days. And, her pronunciation is simply superb. Simply test her on any word, including long word, and she will pronounce for you, with perfect pronunciation.

If you were to Ask Miss Koh regarding choosing a Secondary School, in relation to learning and motivation environment, I would say that it is an important decision. It is going to change your life and mould your character. Do choose an environment that suits you and make a decision.
eMail address:
First Name:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home